Wednesday, June 13, 2007

First Posting

Hello, I’m Heityou. I’ve just created a new blog of my own. Probably most of you already know who I am, but please let me introduce myself again.

I’m from Japan. I’ve been studying English in Australia since last September…but I still haven’t spoken English well anyway. I like to read a book so much that at times I forget to do things to do. I seldom read a book when I was a little child, but these days I’m beginning to find it not only very enjoyable but quite good for studying a foreign language.
At the moment I’m reading a book titled The Dragon Rider written by Cornelia Funke, the same author as The Thief Lord, which I mentioned on another blog. As you can see from its title, this story is about a dragon and a boy. I really like a character called Twigleg, which is a mannequin made by an alchemist. I’ve read over two-thirds of the story. I want to finish reading it as soon as possible, but I also want to take my time reading it. This is so big a problem, which always worries me!

Well, I’m soon posting something interesting. See you then.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Kensuke,
Actually your spoken English is not as bad as you make out. It's just that you speak so softly that sometimes people can't hear you clearly. That said, I think you are speaking out much more these days and this makes me very happy.

I am glad that you have discovered the joy of reading books. I lose myself in books every day. When I read it takes me to another world without having to leave my home... to me that is the most fascinating thing about reading. Of course for you it has even more value as it helps you with your English. You are right, the more you read in English the better your language skill will be.

This new book you are reading sounds very interesting... and I too have the same quandary as you... if I really like a book I read it fast but then I am sad when I finish it because I don't want to say goodbye to the book, the characters in it or the story.

Regards
Susan Hey

☜εμμα☞ said...

EMMA(*^v^*)......!!